What the fuck man
This post goes around on this site and everytime I see it, as a Theologist in making it annoys me to see these “militiant atheists” (or fedoraists, to seperate the good ones from the bad ones, cause I love you guys) who tries to falsely accuse the Holy Scriptures with things that are never said in either of the scriptures. "That women are to be sold if they were raped" in the Bible or "That women must sexually submit to men" in the Qu’ran. Ofcourse, I’m not trying to prove Satanism wrong, I don’t really care what people believe in, but I’m here to correct the misinterpretations by Tumblr’s gullible community as a way to educate, because it might actually interest you to know some real facts about what the Abrahamic religions says on the matter:
- First of all - YOU ALL KNOW THAT ADULTERY IS PROHIBITED IN EITHER SCRIPTURES, YET YOU TRY TO TURN THOSE VERSES UPSIDE DOWN FOR YOUR OWN PLEASURE.
[17:32, 25:68-70, Quran]
[Exodus 20:14 Proverbs 6:32 Hebrew 13:4]
- Second - There are no verses that said so, never has that been said.
- Third - Noone sells women when they’ve been violated, who even does that today?
- Fourth - Do you guys actually read the scriptures AT ALL???
- Fifth - There’s one verse in Deuteronomy that claims that a Man should marry and stay with the woman if she’d been violated by him and pay her 50 shekels. [Deuteronomy 22:29]
1. Christians do not follow the Torah/Old Testament anymore, they follow the New Testament. It’s called the New Covenant, and Jesus never claimed anything about selling women in the Gospels.
2. The rapist is required to marry his victim, and is not permitted to divorce her without her consent. The Talmud explains that this obligation rests on the rapist, NOT THE VICTIM. She is under no obligation to marry him. ”He must pay fifty shekels to compensate her for the lack of gifts, and is also forced to marry her, should she desire it” says Bible commentator and philosopher Rabbi Isaac Abarbanel, so you won’t bash Judaism for that either.
[Talmud, Ketubot 49b]
- Fifth - FOR THE LAST TIME, USE SOURCES FOR THE VERSES THAT SAYS SO
- Sixth - Rape is strictly forbidden in either scriptures and can result in a mild case of THE DEADNESS - not only is it Adultery, but in Islam, Christianity as well as Judaism it’s an act of terror against an individual and society.
That post has over 100,000 notes, can you believe that at least 50,000 people on this Shaytaan website fell for it and assumes that we all condone such acts?
Seventh - The point of the marriage contract was in response to men raping women and then, when she conceived, not being responsible for the child. As well, it was unlikely that a rape victim would find a spouse, and by extension a stable economic situation. He was required to provide her with food, shelter, and her livelihood. If she didn’t want to have sex with him, she had full right to deny him. If she didn’t want to marry him, she had full right to deny him. These were backed not only by ethics, but by religion.
A lot of laws in the bible, old testament and new, were not meant for all places all times, they were responses to people’s actions, and were meant to remedy the situation as best possible.